COVID-19 test are available at no cost nationwide at health centers and select pharmacies. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act ensures that COVID-19 testing is free to anyone in the U.S., including the uninsured.
Drive-thru and walk-up COVID-19 testing centers have opened across Miami-Dade and Broward as the nation sees a surge in cases. A drive-thru testing site is where parents and children stay in their car while a healthcare provider does a COVID-19 test.
Some of the sites are drawing massive lines and quickly running out of test kits. So prepare to be patient, bring a photo ID, pack some snacks, and fill your gas tank before you go.
Drop by Car Factory’s Miami or Hollywood outlets and get your car serviced by our certified mechanics. You can also book an appointment by calling us at 786-406-6234.
How can you get COVID-19 testing at a Drive-Thru?
If a healthcare provider ordered coronavirus (COVID-19) testing, ask if you can have it done at a drive-thru testing area. Then, check for a location near you. Many drive-thru sites do testing by appointment only.
Ask your health care provider if you need to bring a paper prescription for the test. Sometimes doctors send the prescription by fax or computer to the drive-thru location ahead of time.
It can help young kids if you bring their favorite toy, a blanket, a stuffed animal, or a doll. If you have an older child, have them bring a book, a school assignment, or their phone. Tell your kids ahead of time what’s going to happen at the test site. And let them know that the doctors and nurses will be wearing gowns, gloves, glasses, and masks. Explain to them the importance of wearing these protective coverings and how these will help keep everyone safe.
How do you get tested for COVID-19?
Health care providers get secretions from the back of the nose to test for coronavirus (COVID-19). To do that they will:
- Ask your child to lean their head back.
- Insert a long Q-tip swab into your child’s nose to take a sample. It’s essential to get the sample from the right place.
Some drive-thru sites may offer self-swab testing, where the person puts the swab in their nose with directions from the health care team. Your health care provider will let you know when the results are ready. The timing can vary depending on where the testing was done.
You can schedule an appointment online for the following Miami-Dade County drive-up testing sites.
Location: West parking lots – 501 Marlins Way, Miami, FL 33125
- Anyone aged 18 and older experiencing symptoms can be tested.
- Only one other person is allowed in the car with the patient; that person will also be tested to check for potential spread.
- Appointments are required.
Miami-Dade County Youth Fairgrounds
Location: 10901 SW 24th Street, Miami, FL 33165
Enter by Southwest 107th Avenue at Southwest 20th Street
- Testing is available to anyone aged 12 and older.
- A total of 330 appointments are available each day.
- The call center opens at 9 a.m. and will schedule appointments for the following day until all of the slots are filled.
Hard Rock Stadium
Location: East Parking Lot – 347 Don Shula Drive, Miami Gardens, FL 33056
- Anyone older than 18 can be tested and appointments are not needed.
- Up to 750 tests can be performed per day.
- Separate self-swab lanes are now available on a first-come, first-serve basis to symptomatic individuals aged 5 and older.
We like to provide our customers with the best quality! That’s why we have chosen Supreme Tires & Auto Service as our partner! Years of experience at your service ensure the best results at the best price.